Crews from at least 10 area fire departments were called Wednesday to battle a commercial structure fire at the warehouse of a pyrotechnics business in the Richland area.
According to Lebanon Fire Chief Sam Schneider, who was in command of the incident, crews were called at about 2:15 p.m. to Premier Pyrotechnics in the 25000 area of Route K after the company's owner, Matt Sutcliffe, who happens to be a volunteer firefigher and former chief of the Nebo-Falcon Fire Department, discovered the fire.
"He called in the fire by radio and requested assistance," Schneider said, adding that the city of Lebanon responded with two chief officers, a ladder truck and heavy rescue.
Flames are believed to have started in the attic area of the structure, specifically in a utility closet where an electrical box was located.
The fire was contained to the office/warehouse structure of the business. No fireworks or firework products were inside the building, which Schneider described as a metal structure that was about 60 feet by 120 feet.
"The building was a total loss," Schneider said. "We were, however, able to contain the fire before it got the office area, and they were able to recover records and computers. ... There were tens of thousands of dollars worth of material and other items they use for their shows in the warehouse, which is a loss."
For the complete article, see today's print edition of The Daily Record, or view the http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/eedition/">e-Edition online.